Monday, July 6, 2015

Goovigen


Monday 6th July.

Camps8 map 15/420  S24.8'44"  E150.17'8"

Have just spent two nights in Monto, camped behind the information kiosk next to the railway yards (long since disused). They charge $5 per person per night, no power or water. You can pay at either the nearest hotel or the newsagent.

When I was in Mundubbera I met a couple who told me about Goovigen (Goo-vision), and when I looked it up I found that it was on the way to Mt. Morgan, about 30km NNW of Biloela, turn left 50m before the railway crossing in Jambin.  The couple in Mundubbera told me that it was cheap and the pub served good meals, so here I am.

The cost of staying here went up today by 100% to $10 a night, power and water included and there is a hot shower and toilet available, although they are a bit ordinary. The site is in the showground and they have just installed six new concrete slabs with power boxes and they are continuing with other work. There are currently eight caravans here and it is dog friendly.

Although my legs are very sore from five and a half hours walking in Cania Gorge yesterday, I managed the short walk over to the pub tonight for rump steak and vegies $19.50 and two pots of beer for $7.20, a nice home style cooked dinner. All the meals, fish, pork or lamb chops, rump, fillet come in small and large size, I only had the small rump; I wouldn't have made it through the large one. Steak, six vegies, gravy and chips, it was a big meal.

I was only intending to stay one night, I think it may be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment