Thursday, September 24, 2015

Living Edge Caravan


Back in February I bought a new Living Edge caravan from Kratzmann caravans at Burpengary. I would suggest that people don't buy Living Edge and don't buy from Kratzmann.

I have been having an ongoing problem with the water pump, which I have isolated to the pressure switch. After several calls and emails to kratzmann caravans I was told to take the van to a repairer and get them to call living edge to authorize the repairs. If you call living edge the call always goes to voice mail, EVERY TIME. So taking the van to a repairer is a waste of time. I finally got a call from Rick (living edge) on his mobile phone but there aren't many repairers in Dimbulah and Charters Towers or Emerald. After several events under the van, I have got the pump working, but I don't know enough about it, so I don't know why it is working or how long it will work.

Another problem I had was the sliding door into the bathroom, which had drooped on back edge so that when you closed the door, it would drag on the guide for the last nine inches and become stuck. When I spoke to Rick about it, it was obvious that he had no idea how the pelmet was attached to the wall.

Today I had a bit of spare time so I decided to attack the sliding door no matter the consequences. I carefully removed the five screws (screw 2) I could see in the middle of the track above the door inside the pelmet, expecting that at any moment that the door would fall away from the wall. It didn't.

I accidentally touched the pelmet and it moved, so I pulled it away from the wall and then I discovered that there were five more screws (screw 1) holding the track to the wall. You will need a number 8 metric spanner to adjust the height of the door and a number 10 to adjust the stops at either end of the track.

With living edge it is easier to fix it yourself.

5 comments:

  1. We also have a Living Edge caravan and have replaced the water pump three times in 12 months!. Similar to yourself we found the place of purchase useless- Camden Caravans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem is that the pumps are mounted upside down under the van. Any fine dust falls down past the two terminal lugs and works its way into the micro switch. I replaced my switch and bogged up that area with silicon. No more dust problems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greg, we have just purchased a Living Edge van second hand from someone who was very happy with it, first trip the water pump stopped working, did you find the cause of your problem? Thanks Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poorly adjusted.
    There are two screws on it, one for low pressure and one for high.
    With some help from a friend turning the pump on and off inside the van while I was underneath adjusting the screws in a try it and see.
    Once you understand which is which (screws), it is just trial and error.
    Haven't had a problem since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living Edge has long since gone out of business

    ReplyDelete